In classical architecture, a pilaster (from the Latin word pila meaning “pillar” or “column”) is a vertical element of decoration, in the form of a flattened column and attached to a wall. Pilasters have a rectangular shape, creating the illusion of a column protruding from or attached to the wall. Like the column, a pilaster consists of three parts: a pedestal or plinth (lower part), the pillar itself (the middle) and a capital (at the top). Please note that this decorative stucco element performs an exclusively decorative function and shouldn’t be used as a supporting or load-bearing structure.
Showing all 8 results
Decorative pilasters in the interior
Traditionally, pilasters were made of plaster, marble, granite, concrete or wood, but such materials have a number of disadvantages. Thanks to the innovative high-tech material Purotouch®, which is lightweight, resistant to various external influences and durable, Orac Decor® has created a modern variant of such traditional decorative elements.
In addition to these functional advantages, decorating your room with pilasters from Orac Decor® will help you to solve a number of more aesthetic problems:
- First of all, different types of pilaster will help you to decorate flat and drab walls, giving them depth and volume.
- The vertical arrangement of pilasters will help to visually increase the height of the ceiling.
- Another fairly common use of ornamental pilasters is to divide the room into separate areas: for example, to visually separate the kitchen and dining area, or in studio apartments the hall and living room.
- Pilasters are also used to hide small irregularities in the surface of walls, such as cracks, holes or other flaws.
- The imposing and refined design of such stucco pilasters is an excellent solution for drawing attention to a particular section of a wall, a picture, a decorative composition or other interior element.
- In addition to the decoration of walls, pilasters can also be used for decorating various pieces of furniture.
Thus, different types of decorative pilasters will provide you with ample opportunities for creativity and will help to emphasize the individuality and uniqueness of your interior.
Buying moulded decorative pilasters in our online store with delivery
In order to make it easier for you to choose between our products, our online catalogue includes prices, interior photos, descriptions and detailed technical characteristics (weight, size, etc.).
Once you've made your choice, you can easily buy the pilaster elements separately (a pedestal, pillar or capital), or the entire set of decorative elements in the collection. Our order process is quick and simple, but please contact us should you have any questions. Our customer support team will help you to make your purchase and, if necessary, organize fast express delivery to any country in the world. Enjoy your shopping!