Why the wallpaper in bathroom is so rare? Because there is an opinion that such a kind of finish is not designed for the bathroom and for this purpose they traditionally use ceramic tiles or plastic panels. It’s a delusion. There are many types of wallpaper, which will please you by their aesthetic and functionality.
How to choose the right wallpaper for bathroom? First you need to decide which area of bathroom you are going to cover with wallpaper. The less surface will be in contact with water, the greater will be your choice. For example, wallpaper on a non-woven base is not subjected to deformation under the influence of moisture, while wallpaper on paper basis is more vulnerable from this point of view. In any case, you cannot go wrong by choosing a moisture-resistant wallpaper for the bathroom in accordance with the recommendations of this article!
Bathroom repairmen with wallpaper
Finishing the bathroom with wallpaper has a number of pros and cons, which must be taken into account in order to avoid unnecessary problems. The main disadvantages include:
- Limited choice of wallpaper. Not all wallpapers can be used as bathroom finishes. Paper-based wallpaper simply with a printed pattern without a special coating is not suitable for these purposes. Paper under the influence of high humidity and temperature can cause mold and fungus.
- Using a water-soluble paste can help to peel off the wallpaper, which entails the need to seal the seams of the wallpaper.
But the wallpaper for the bathroom has a number of undoubted advantages. Choosing modern, moisture-resistant wallpaper for the bathroom can avoid the above problems and give the bathroom design with unique and original wallpaper due to a wide variety of colours and ornaments. In our assortment, there is no just printed wallpaper. All the types of wallpaper we offer for the bathroom, whether on paper or non-woven base, have a decorative, and in this case also a protective waterproof coating: vinyl, cork or metal. In other words - it's washable wallpaper. To repair the bathroom is also widely used paint veneer, which is a highly moisture resistant material and non-deformable, it will perfectly strengthen the walls and prevent the appearance of cracks or the formation of fungus. Despite the excellent performance of moisture-resistant wallpaper for the bathroom, they are still not recommended for use near sinks, faucets and mixers.
Waterproof bathroom wallpaper – tile alternative
If you still doubt that moisture-resistant wallpaper for the bathroom is a worthy alternative to the tile, let's compare the consequences of the choice of this and that material:
Installation of tiles:
- Expensiveness of materials.
- High cost and the need to attract specialists for installation.
- Limited choice of colours and ornaments.
- Long, time-consuming process of dismantling and replacement.
Finishing bathroom with wallpaper:
- Affordable price.
- The process of finishing the bathroom wallpaper is very simple. You can easily do this job yourself.
- Huge selection of bathroom design options with wallpaper.
- Replacement is quick and easy.
Now you can see that it is a great idea to buy wallpaper in the bathroom, which has a number of undoubted advantages!
Buy wallpaper for bathroom in an online store with delivery
Thanks to the online store PROFhome.co.uk you can buy wallpaper for the bathroom without leaving home. View photos of the bathroom wallpaper, read characteristics. All questions regarding the price of wallpaper for the bathroom, design and payment can be asked in the customer support. Professional managers will advise you and help you arrange the delivery. Fast delivery of goods is carried out all over the world. Delivery times can be settled with the manager. Please note that the price of the bathroom wallpaper in the catalog is indicated per one roll. Have a good shopping!